- All the candidates called for interview are asked to come prepared with at least two areas. They are informed about existing areas in the Ph.D. admission brochure and also the web site of the department.
- All the faculty members are invited to attend the interviews.
- In the interview, candidates are questioned mainly in their preferred areas.
- At the time of final selection, guides for selected students are tentatively decided. This is just to ensure the availability of guides.
- At the time of joining, the selected students are informed about these tentative guides. However they are free to meet other faculty members from the same area and explore the possibility of working with them.